While business needs vary, one of the core challenges faced by organisations of all sizes is the need to stay digitally secure. However, at the same time, these businesses must be able to use and capitalise on all available data if they want to remain competitive. Put simply, if their data systems are not up to scratch, then it is probable that they will lack the information required to make knowledgeable decisions.
As such, having a secure server is a must. But the cost of creating and maintain a robust physical server can be challenging for all but the largest of firms. So, how do you get the data and security you need, at a price you can afford?
Well, despite the reluctance of some businesses to move to the cloud – often because of fears about data security – in reality, the cloud provides a more secure option than most companies are able to create for themselves.
Here are just some of the reasons why:
- You need experts to create a secure IT environment. And, while you can employ experts to do this for you, today the cloud provides a much more affordable option. Cloud providers have to create secure environments. They wouldn’t last long in business if they didn’t. So, when you appoint an expert like Cloud Geeni, you can be confident that we have all the expertise needed to keep you and your data as safe as possible. It’s in our business interests to do so.
- You benefit from strength in numbers. With a cloud server, you share the infrastructure and security with other users. So you get a better solution at a fraction of the cost of going it alone.
- The level of human risk decreases. When data is stored off-site, it is physically separated from your business. This makes it difficult for people who shouldn’t have access to stumble across information and use it maliciously or erroneously.
- Cloud server providers are knowledgeable about the latest security measures. Cloud providers spend a considerable amount of their time and budget focusing on security. For example, we offer stringent levels of encryption to secure data. So sensitive data can only be decrypted with a decryption key. At Cloud Geeni, we also provide enterprise level Juniper Firewalls, and best-in-breed Two Factor Authentication (2FA). You get access to all this without having to invest the time or extra finance.
- Cloud server providers adhere to rigorous security standards. At Cloud Geeni we adhere to the highest level of data security and reliability. We use secure data centres (all based in the UK) that are regularly audited, and adhere to stringent industry standards. Our data centres comply with an internationally recognised best practice framework and are ISO27001 certified. So, you get the peace of mind that comes with working with a trustworthy provider committed to safeguarding your data.
- Cloud providers have your back. You might think that you have more control over your storage with a traditional setup, but quite often you are in it alone without support or backup. However, when you work with a cloud provider, they have stringent backup plans and specialists on hand to identify and deal with any issues. Often before they become a problem.
- It’s too easy to take an on–premise server for granted. All too often, on-premise legacy systems are ignored. Worryingly, many of these legacy systems were built before cybercrime became widespread. So they don’t have what is needed to thwart modern, sophisticated hackers. Understandably, this makes legacy systems increasingly vulnerable.
- On-premise systems get hacked too. When you get down to it, cybercriminals don’t target cloud-based data. It’s the data they want, regardless of where it is stored. In fact, more security breaches occur with on-premise solutions than cloud ones. It’s no wonder therefore that 56% of IT managers cite improved security as a primary motivation for moving to the cloud.
Ultimately, with a third-party cloud system, you get all the security you need, as well as regular updates and upgrades, all included in your affordable subscription. And you don’t have to worry about forking out for additional investment or allocating internal resource to keep things working and safe.
At Cloud Geeni, our Cloud Server services consistently achieve the highest level of data protection and reliability, maximising security and eliminating downtime.