A hosted desktop works just like a standard computer desktop. You simply open your computer and access all the files and applications you need to do your job. But, unlike a traditional Microsoft Windows desktop, the necessary settings, data, and operating system are delivered over the internet, rather than stored on the computer’s hard drive.
So, does this mean your valuable business data is just floating around in cyberspace?
Absolutely not! In fact, with a hosted desktop, everything is stored on servers at a secure data centre and delivered via the internet.
What’s the difference between the cloud and the internet?
In short, the internet is a global network of computers. You could think of it as a modern-day postal service, delivering information at sub-second speeds! On the other hand, the cloud is a network of servers. Some of these servers provide a service (e.g. Facebook and Adobe Creative Cloud), while others store information before passing it to the internet for delivery (i.e. to your hosted desktop).
Why should you use a hosted desktop?
“I think the Cloud Geeni Hosted Desktop solution is marvellous. Your cloud solution enables me to work from anywhere with ease and everything is so much more efficient.”
Owner, Kristina Harrison Solicitors
- No cost of buying, running, and maintaining your own server
- Get better equipment for your business, at a fraction of the price, with storage capacity, processing power, memory, and network bandwidth all part of a shared kit
- Just pay for what you need on a per user basis. And scale up, or down on demand.
- No aggravation of buying, running, and maintaining your own server
- Keep using your business applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook and Sage
- It’s on demand. You can set up accounts for new users and order more storage space as and when required. In a matter of minutes
- You don’t need to log in and log out of many different devices.
- Back up your data automatically
- Backups are tested regularly to make sure they work.
- Everything is stored in high security and carefully controlled UK data centres
- All the latest software fixes and security updates are updated and constantly protecting your system
- With robust cloud encryption now available, storing data in the cloud can be safer than storing it onsite.
- Experience little to no downtime. At Cloud Geeni, our hosted desktop solutions boast 99.9% uptime
- Employees have access to everything they need wherever they need it, on any device. Even if they aren’t in the office.
“We were able to cut our annual IT budget by 60% and save a further £15,000 by no longer needing to replace our old server.”
Owner, Warr & Co
What should you look for in a hosted desktop provider?
A managed service
With a managed approach, IT specialists are watching your system all the time, making sure it’s running smoothly and quickly. Managed desktop services also boast best-in-class backup and recovery processes. So you can be sure that your data is recoverable should something go wrong.
A UK data centre
Following Brexit, the location of data centres has become increasingly important, with many UK businesses looking to switch to centres located in the UK. All Cloud Geeni data centres are situated in the UK. In addition they are:
- Security managed 24/7
- ISO27001 certified
- Fitted with backup power supplies
- Fitted with fire detection systems
- Fitted with the highest security firewalls.
- Kept at the optimum temperatures to ensure they do not overheat
- Carrier neutral, ensuring connectivity access across all major networks.
The ability to try before you buy
Request a demo to see how our excellent hosted desktop solutions work in practice.
Security and reliability
At Cloud Geeni, our Cloud Server services consistently achieve the highest level of data security and reliability.
“The service we have received from Cloud Geeni through the transition stages and set-up has been second to none. The support has been exceptional, and throughout the process they have paid excellent attention to detail, and really taken the time to understand and meet the needs of a small to medium sized business.”
Director, Pension Lite
With high-quality support and customer service, and proven experience in understanding business needs, we provide everything you need to help your business thrive. To find out how a hosted desktop can benefit your business, speak to a member of our team on 01942 263 434 or request a demo today!