Virtual desktops are nothing new. Delivering increased flexibility, scalability, productivity, efficiency, and resilience, companies of all sizes have been using virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) to help solve their business challenges for a number of years.
For example, benefits of the virtual desktop include:
- Improved accessibility. Today, most organisations use multiple devices and platforms, with smartphones, tablets and PCs all being used collaboratively, depending on whatever task each platform is best suited to. With a virtual desktop, you can navigate between different devices with ease
- Increased productivity. With VDI, your people have access to everything they need wherever they need it, on any device. This helps to boost productivity while supporting more flexible working practices
- Improved insights. With enhanced access to real-time data available via VDI, you can use all available insights to deliver enhanced management information and more informed decision making
- Better collaboration. By improving visibility between different departments and offices, the virtual desktop helps you make internal business silos a thing of the past
- Facilitate flexible working. With VDI you can provide instant access to company data through a combination of personal and business devices.
Of course, running and managing a traditional on-premise VDI isn’t cheap. But, the good news is that, over the last few years, the cloud has made enterprise-level hosted desktops affordable for small and growing firms.
The benefits of renting a virtual desktop
Today, companies can “rent” a fully managed hosted desktop for one low monthly cost. You simply pay for the service as you go.
Here are some of the reasons why your business should rent a hosted desktop:
- Reduced downtime. With a virtual desktop, you should experience little to no downtime. For example, at Cloud Geeni we provide 99.9% uptime for our cloud desktop services
- With the ability to adapt to your changing business needs, you can set up accounts for new users and order more storage space in a matter of minutes
- Lower IT costs. With no costly hardware to buy, switching to a hosted desktop reduces IT investment costs. Likewise, you are free from the expense of running and maintaining your own server. What’s more, storage capacity, processing power, memory, and network bandwidth are all part of a shared kit, so you get better equipment for your business, at a fraction of the price
- Improved security. When you rent a virtual desktop from a trusted provider, your data is kept in high-security and carefully controlled UK data centres. Furthermore, with robust cloud encryption, storing data in the cloud can be safer than storing it onsite
- Expert support. With a managed approach, IT specialists are watching your system all the time; making sure it’s running smoothly and quickly
- Superior backup. Managed rental desktop services boast best-in-class backup and recovery processes. So you can be sure that your data is recoverable should something go wrong
- Continual improvements. The latest security updates and software fixes are made as standard, at no additional cost to your business
- Futureproof your business. When you rent a virtual desktop, you’ll benefit from a flexible system that supports business growth, rather than hinders it.
Rent a virtual desktop from Cloud Geeni
As employees become increasingly mobile, renting a virtual desktop enables businesses to offer a full desktop via the cloud. So employees get access to all the apps they know, wherever they are. At the same time, your business is free from the cost of having to provision and manage a physical machine.
Offering the complete Microsoft suite of products, we help you get the most out of your chosen technologies.
Our dedicated team of Microsoft Certified Engineers has everything you need to design, build, deploy and manage a hosted desktop solution that is right for your business, and your budget. With all the skills required to develop efficient cloud solutions, our experts work with the full suite of Microsoft products including Azure, Hyper-V, Office 365, Microsoft Cloud Platform, SQL Server, Exchange, Windows Server and SharePoint.
Renting a cloud-hosted desktop from Cloud Geeni can help your business to work smarter. All for one affordable monthly payment and no upfront capital investment*.
*Subject to a 36-month agreement