The hosted desktop is making a real difference to businesses across the UK and beyond. Delivering increased flexibility, scalability, productivity, efficiency, and resilience, it’s no wonder that organisations of all sizes are turning to cloud-based hosted desktops to help solve their challenges. Especially when you consider that companies that use cloud technology are generating 26% higher profits than their competitors.
However, despite the benefits – as with any new tech – price is key. As such, finding out how much it will cost to implement hosted desktops in your business is crucial.
So what do you need to know?
Well, at Cloud Geeni, our cloud-based hosted desktops are provided on a subscription basis. This means that they are an operating expenditure and provide a more stable cash flow than traditional IT arrangements. But there are some things to take into consideration when investing in hosted desktops such as:
- How many people need to use a hosted desktop?
- How much storage do you need?
- Do you need additional security such as 2-Factor Authentication?
- What operating system do you need?
- Do you need any additional RAM?
- Do you need any bespoke features or customisations?
- Do you need any new hardware?
- Do you need an SQL Server?
The good news is, because of the evolution of cloud computing, hosted desktops are now more affordable than they have ever been. And a reduction in cost doesn’t mean a downgrade in IT. In fact, at Cloud Geeni our hosted desktops start from just £25 per user.
|Anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall||√|
|Storage per user||14GB|
|Unlimited Application hosting||√|
|Real -Time Data backup||√|
|Data replication to 2nd data centre||√|
|Failover at 2nd data centre||√|
|99.9% uptime SLA||√|
|UK ISO-27001 Accredited datacentres||√|
|UK based technical support||√|
|Fully managed migration services **||√|
|2 Factor Authentication||£3|
|Exchange 6GB mailbox||£7.50|
|MS Office 2010/2013 Standard||£12.32|
|MS Office 2010/2013 Professional||£16.82|
|MS Office 365 E3||£17.60|
|MS Office 365 E5||£30.80|
|Additional storage (per 10GB)||£9.30|
|Additional RAM (per 1GB)||£10|
|SQL Server (per user)||£15.52|
|SQL Server (per 2 cores)||£143.61|
Other financial benefits that can be realised by investing in cloud-based hosted desktops include:
- Time savings. The hosted desktop streamlines and consolidates work functions across devices which saves you a lot of time. And, of course, time is money. What’s more, with 99.9% uptime guaranteed, you don’t have to worry about the toll of lost business hours
- Reduced setup costs. With the hosted desktop you can tap into a tried and tested system that is ready to use, customisable to your business, and which works with your existing IT and software
- Improved productivity. The hosted desktop helps to make your employees – and therefore your business – more productive. Reducing instances of duplication and improving collaboration, the hosted desktop helps everyone to work smarter
- Reduced management costs. The ongoing costs of looking after any IT can be significant. In addition to employing the right people with the right skills to manage this, you’ll also need to factor in the costs of energy, physical space, upgrades, maintenance and more. However, our cloud-based hosted desktops come with UK based technical support as part of your monthly subscription. So you will benefit from a reduction in internal IT helpdesk calls and firefighting
- Reduced upgrade costs. Cloud-based software providers continuously improve their solution at no extra cost to you; helping you to remain current, agile, and competitive. With upgrades made automatically, you are free from the burden of maintaining complex hardware and software. So, you can reduce the size of your technical staff or free your IT department to get on with tasks that drive business improvement
- Reduced cost of risk. With cloud-based hosted desktops you can appoint an ISO27001 certified and trustworthy provider, committed to safeguarding your data. However, to protect your business, be sure to undertake due diligence to ensure your provider understands what’s needed to ensure GDPR compliance and avoid risking hefty fines. To help you with this, get them to commit to an acceptable level of security as part of your SLA.
When it comes to investing in hosted desktops, there are a lot of things to consider. But the bottom line is that with the right setup and support, hosted desktops can save your business money.
Switching to our hassle-free hosted desktop will increase efficiency and productivity across your entire business. But you don’t have to take our word for it. To see how a hosted desktop solution can benefit your business, please fill out the form and we’ll contact you to arrange a free trial.