There is no doubt that, when it comes to the cloud, its value in terms of cost savings really do add up. Just check out the direct and indirect saving of using a cloud-based hosted desktop.
But is cloud computing worth the hype?
Well, organisations across the world seem to think so. In fact, experts predict that by 2022, 90% of organisations will be using cloud services. But what are the real benefits of cloud computing?
The benefits of cloud computing
The benefits of cloud computing are numerous. Here are just some of them:
- Cloud computing is especially helpful for small and medium-sized businesses as its affordability provides a level playing field when it comes to accessing the latest IT
- The cloud provides unbeatable access to resources, with the ability to retrieve and use data, tools and apps anywhere, at any time, by anyone who has the right login details
- Cloud computing lets businesses focus on their core capabilities, rather than spending precious resources on IT maintenance, challenges and needs
- The cloud provides a scalable, pay-as-you-go model. Businesses never have to pay for resources they don’t need
- The cloud is helping businesses to meet the evolving needs and expectations of their customers. And, when combined with tools such as automation, AI and VR, it is helping to change the way customers interact with companies forever
- The cloud is reliable with 24/7 access and 99.9% uptime
- Integrating the cloud into an organisation is easy – so there is minimal (if any) disruption while you upgrade your IT
- Cloud computing reduces the level of risk an organisation is exposed to with automated backups, updates and patches done as standard
- The cloud is helping people to work more flexibly and remotely by providing the tools needed to support an effective mobile workforce
- The cloud is helping organisations to innovate in ways that were unimaginable a decade ago. Find out more
- The cloud helps organisations to streamline their processes; enabling them to work smarter so that they can save time and boost productivity
- Because cloud-based services are available for a manageable monthly price, organisations don’t have to put off investing until they know what the future might bring
- The cloud is helping to keep data secure. In fact, at Cloud Geeni, we believe that data security is better in the cloud. Find out more
- The cloud helps to give your business a competitive advantage with services that grow and evolve alongside you
- Cloud computing is creating more agile business models. With the power of the cloud, businesses of all sizes can move between resources quickly and easily. This leads to greater agility and flexibility. So, organisations that embrace the cloud are more flexible, faster-to-market and leaner than ever before
- The cloud can help employers to boost wellbeing at work. For example by removing the focus on presenteeism and supporting newer working arrangements. Find out more
- The cloud can be used to extract value from big data. So companies that invest in the cloud can access valuable analytics and derive fresh insights from the data they already collect
- Cloud computing (for example via a cloud-based hosted desktop), ensures that files can be accessed from any internet-enabled device at any time. This helps to create an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork where everyone has access to the very latest information
- The cloud offers simplified integration opportunities across back-office operations such as HR, accounting, and marketing.
As you can see, the benefits of cloud computing are significant and varied. So, in answer to the original question – yes, the cloud is worth the hype!
For more information on how our cloud-based products and services can help your business, contact us today for an informal chat.