Cloud-based technology is becoming more and more popular. Not least because it claims to provide enterprise-level IT, for one affordable monthly fee. But just what are the benefits when it comes to the cloud, and is it really that much more cost-effective?
The benefits of cloud-based technology
Here are just some of the most common benefits when switching to the cloud:
- Improved productivity. With the cloud, you can access all your business critical information, in real-time, from multiple data sources. So your employees can do their jobs wherever and whenever they are; on any internet-enabled device.
- Increased collaboration. The cloud helps you to make internal business silos a thing of the past by improving visibility between different departments and offices.
- More flexible working. With the cloud, you can ensure instant access to company data through the use of personal or business devices. So you can offer more flexible and mobile working opportunities.
- Enhanced security. With an expert provider, you’ll benefit from the highest levels of security and reliability, with all your data backed up in carefully controlled UK data centres.
- Increased competitiveness. With the cloud, you’ll enjoy a flexible system that supports business growth, rather than hinders it. So you can futureproof your business and keep ahead of the curve.
How affordable is cloud-based technology
When it comes to the cloud, the benefits are compelling. But does it really provide better IT for your business, at a more affordable price? In a word – yes!
Reduced setup costs
There are plenty of things to consider when moving to a cloud-based setup. As well as the software you will need, you’ll also have to take into account any legacy systems that need to be integrated into your new setup. But, with an outsourced partner the procedure becomes simple; with tried and trusted experts and proven processes looking after your migration from start to finish. Getting you up and running in no time – and almost always faster than you could in-house – you’ll save valuable resource, time and money.
Reduced hardware and software costs
If you choose to go it alone when upgrading your tech, you will have to invest in new hardware and software. For many businesses, this cost can be hugely probative and often means they have to compromise on what they want. However, if you decide to outsource, this investment has already been made on your behalf, so you get better equipment and enterprise level software for your business at a fraction of the price.
Reduced ongoing costs
As well as the initial up-front investment, the ongoing costs of looking after your own IT infrastructure can be significant. As well as employing the right people with the right skills to manage your setup, you’ll also need to factor in the costs of energy, physical space, upgrades, maintenance and more.
A more stable cashflow
With the cloud, you’ll have access to all the technology you need for one fixed monthly fee. So there are never any nasty surprises. You just pay for what you need on a per-user basis. Find out more.
No lost business hours
The cost of unplanned downtime can be devastating. But with the cloud, you can rest assured that specialists are watching your system all the time; making sure it’s running smoothly and quickly. In fact, at Cloud Geeni we provide 99.9% uptime guaranteed, so you don’t have to worry about the toll of lost business hours.
If you invest in your own infrastructure, scaling up could require a lot of extra hardware and software. So you’ll need to plan ahead; with any unforeseen changes to the economy leading to extra hassle for your IT department (and the unnecessary wastage of resources in the event of another downturn). But, with a cloud partner, it’s easy to upgrade or add new software. You just scale up, or down, as needed. Likewise, setting up new accounts for new staff and ordering more storage space or applications can be done in a matter of minutes.
Reduced cost of risk
Data protection is big news, and the damage to your reputation and your bottom line should you fail to keep valuable information secure can’t be underestimated. However, when you appoint an ISO27001 certified partner, you can be sure you are working with a trustworthy provider committed to safeguarding your data.
Switch to our cloud server services and remove the hassle from your IT. All for one affordable monthly payment and no upfront capital investment*.
*Subject to a 36-month agreement